Commissioning an artist
If I find an artist on your site, can I contact them directly?
Actually no, because we work very hard promoting our artists both online and in person. We invest lots of time and money in spreading the word about our agency and artists. If you discover one of our artists through our efforts, then we kindly ask that you do the right thing and get in touch with us.
How much does it cost?
The cost of commissioning an artist (including illustrator and photographer) is dependant on a number of factors. The following must be considered:
- How long will it take the artist? All of our artists have a daily rate for their studio time and this is our starting point for quoting on a job. Tell us about your project and we'll estimate how long it will take.
- How will their work be used? Next we need to establish the intended usage of the work and accordingly how it will be licensed. We need to know which media it will be used across, where in the world it will be seen and how long will it be used for. All of these factors are combined and considered when we price a job.
- Any additional expenses? Usually there won't be any extra costs for standard commissions, but occasionally a project may require the artist to be at a live event or attend a photoshoot. In these cases, expenses such as travel and accommodation will be included in our quote.
- So what’s the total cost? Once all of these factors have been considered, we will provide a project fee for your proposed commission.
- But I have a fixed/limited budget? We understand, but it's always worth a conversation. We've worked on many projects, which had limited funding. If the artist likes the concept and they're available, then we'll try our best to make it work. Whilst we always strive to make sure our artists are paid what they deserve, we try to not let money get in the way of great work.
What is your shipping policy?
We ship to you free-of-charge. Depending on the location of the artwork, it may take from 2-4 days for local shipping, and up to 14 business days for global shipping.
Return or Exchange
Can I return or exchange the artwork?
Sorry, all purchase made are final. However, if the purchase item received is not in the condition expected, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of receiving your order.
Showcasing your work
I'm an artist/illustrator/photographer and I like to be represented. What should I do?
If you’re a brilliant artist/illustrator/photographer, who would like to be represented by us, please click here. Your work should be of an extremely professional standard, with a unique style that doesn’t overlap with someone we already have on our books (please check).
Can Illustrious World still showcase my work even though I'm not one of your represented artists?
Sure, however, it will be a case-by-case basis of which artist and artwork we will showcase through our Gallery. Occassionally, we may also feature artists who are not represented by us on our website and through events/exhibitions.
I'm an artist/illustrator/photographer and I would like to sell my artwork on your Gallery Shop. What should I do?
As we do get many requests from artists and collectors who want to showcase and sell their works via Illustrious World, we might take up to 14 business days before we get to assess your work. If we decide to sell your work on our Gallery Shop, we'll email you with further details and also the approximate date when your item will be live on our shop. Please email us with your CV and a PDF of your portfolio (no more than 10mb in size), and we'll get back to you.